Bread Pudding Recipe
This wonderful bread pudding recipe is easy to make and has just a few ingredients. Top it with a big dollop of whipped cream and drizzled with vanilla sauce.
- 1 Loaf of Bread - Cubed into 1in pieces
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 4 Cups of Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Spray 9 X 13 inch backing dish with nonstick spray. Put cubed bread into dish and spread it all around making an even layer
- In a Large mixing bowl, whish together eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon until fully combined. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread in the baking dish. Make sure all of the bread is coated. Allow this to sit and soak up the mixture for approx 15 minutes.
- While that is soaking, preheat the oven to 350° F. Once the 15 minutes of soaking is over, place the bread pudding in the oven and bake at 350° F for 45-50 minutes or until the top is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Vanilla SauceThis is a very simple yet tasty vanilla sauce to drizzle over or dunk your bread pudding in. This should be served warm and when used for leftovers, does not take long to reheat.
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla